NHS Greater Huddersfield, NHS North Kirklees CCGs and Kirklees Council work together to manage the Complex Disabilities Care Market using Valuing Care’s Purchaser Software. With co-terminus boundaries and a desire to manage a complex and costly market, commissioners across the three organisations have got together to find a better way to bring transparency and value for money across their commissioning spend.
The organisations evaluated the best options on the market and chose Valuing Care’s Purchaser software as their preferred way forward. By doing so they knew they could access tried and tested models of calculating prices whilst also ensuring that they embedded their knowledge and expertise into their respective organisations.
Working in partnership with Valuing Care they are collecting;
• Underlying cost details of their targeted residential packages.
• Staff rotas relating to each individual package
• Comparing this information to Valuing Care’s national and local models to provide a detailed breakdown of cost per package.
• Storing all of this information into their own environment within the Purchaser software so all information can be captured once and reused over future years.
• Using Valuing Care’s software and models to manage inflation requests from providers.
Over the summer months the commissioners have worked with Valuing Care to further enhance the software to enable it to meet the scheduled reviews being undertaken and are now using the software for a programme of schedules reviews with providers.
If you are interested in knowing more about the project and Valuing Care’s Purchaser software please contact here.